My all time favourite dessert without question has to be cheesecake. I prefer the no bake variety and one that is not too sweet. Typically I would choose to have this type of cake on my birthday and any restaurant that has cheesecake as a signature, which means I do not eat it often–probably a good thing!
I wanted to create a cheesecake bar that would be no bake, higher in protein, lower in sugar and fat, and of course be gluten-free so that my wife could eat it. She loves cheesecake too! The crust was the easy part I found, it was creating a no bake version that held together well. I can now keep this bar on hand in the freezer anytime I feel like cheesecake, or company is over and has to try it.
- 2 square packages of Greek yogurt cream cheese (500g total)
- 1 cup of plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 scoops (~100g) of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (gluten-free thickener)
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped
- 1 cup of sayer dates
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place the 2 packages of cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and allow to soften on the counter. Cover with a towel.
- Roughly chop 1 full cup of pecans or place in a blender on pulse for a few seconds.
- Blend 1 cup of dates and scrap into a bowl.
- Combine the chopped pecans to the bowl of pureed dates along with 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil. Mix thoroughly.
- Empty this nut and date mixture into a 9×9″ pan and pack down with a fork. Place in the freezer.
- Measure and add 1 cup of Greek yogurt to the bowl of softened cream cheese.
- Add 5 level scoops of Arbonne vanilla protein and combine all ingredients with a spatula or mixer on low.
- Remove the pan from freezer and pour the cream cheese mixture on top spreading evenly.
- Place the pan back into the freezer for 3 hours until the middle has completely chilled.
- Remove pan from the freezer and cut into 12 equal bars.
For best storage cut bars and wrap individually in saran wrap then into a freezer bag before placing into the freezer.
Nutritional Facts Per Bar:
Calories: 240 | Total Fat: 12.5 g | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Protein: 17 g